Monday, June 29, 2015

The real reasons it may be the end times.

I read a status on Facebook the other day, that read something like this: "You know it's the end times, when gay marriage becomes legal in the U.S."

I can honestly say that I was shocked by that statement. 

If anything is pointing towards the ends times, it's not a law made to protect. Regardless of whether or not you promote the LGBT lifestyle, you cannot honestly sit there and say that this is one of main issues drastically affecting our world today. 

There are a number of terrifying, unimaginably hateful  things going on in our world, and this is not one of them.

Isis. That's something to talk about, to fear, to protest. According to abc news, an attack in Tunisia last Friday left 38 dead. We were too busy debating, hating, and discussing biblical implications of the legalization of gay marriage that we missed it.

According to National Human Trafficking Resource Center 3,598 sex trafficking cases were were reported in the U.S. in 2014. And those are just the cases reported. The International Labor Organization estimates that there are 4.5 million people trapped in forced sexual exploitation globally.

According to AFCARS, 510,000 children are in foster care. Children in need of love. Children who may have never had a birthday party, or been kissed when they scrape their knee. Children who desperately need to be loved unconditionally. Do we really even care? 
According to the Foster Club, if nothing changes by the year 2020: 
  • "22,500 children will die or be neglected before their fifth birthday"
  •  "More than 10.5 million children will spend some time in foster care"
  • "More than 300,000 children will age out of the foster care system, some in poor health and many unprepared for success in higher education, technical college or the workforce"
  • 75,000 former foster youth, who aged out of the system, will experience homelessness"
This is only a small piece of the pain that surrounds our world, horrible suffering that I have not even mentioned here. This is the stuff worth fighting against my friends. This is the bad stuff, the stuff we need to fight against with every ounce of our being.

We are focused on the wrong thing here. The legalization of gay marriage may offend you, it may straight up contradict your beliefs, it may cause you to question your faith in a way that makes you uncomfortable, but it is not the end of the world. 

The end of the world is that sweet little kiddos have no one to love them. The end of the world is that people just like you and I are being sex trafficked; sold,  beaten, drugged, raped. The end of the world is that there are people all around us with nothing to eat and nowhere to live. The end of the world is that there are groups like ISIS controlling the world by fear and violence.

The world is breaking all around us. Can we not see it?


 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.  For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,  I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?  When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.  For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,  I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’
 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’
-Matthew 34-46-

No comments:

Post a Comment